BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui

Discussion of BIONICLE Games, both online and retail.

Moderators: JrMasterModelBuilder, Sir Guurahk The Third, bonrw1

BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui

Postby Auron » Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 pm

This topic is for discussion of the cancelled BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui game and the hunt to find it.
Auron
BioMedia Project Staff
BioMedia Project Staff

Re: BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui

Postby Sir Guurahk The Third » Sat May 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I've heard that one of our users (ShaggyNerd) has begun a re-make of it with Blender and spare time. Hope he's going well!
Sir Guurahk The Third
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Auron » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:10 am

Yeah, though the thing with those projects is that people have to be dedicated to finish them.
Auron
BioMedia Project Staff
BioMedia Project Staff

Postby ShaggyNerd » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Ah, yes. My current project. I'm so glad that SOMEBODY remembered! Anyway, I am still in the planning stage. Various activities over the summer, as well as the start of high school, have greatly delayed the progess. I have the basic details down, like level order, mask power usage, controls, boss fights,and others. Soon, I will start redesigning Onu-Koro to be fairly close to the original, but still different enough to be unique and enjoyable. My main focus in designing is detail to canon and fun. Before the end of the year, I hope to start modelling levels and props. I can post more information when I figure out more about the game.
ShaggyNerd
Toa
Toa

Postby amanda » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 pm

So ShaggyNerd, just to let you know that I may rebuilt my Toa Mata sets back to their Toa Kaita forms soon (since they are just sitting on the floor and taking some space in my room......)
amanda
Matoran
Matoran

Postby ShaggyNerd » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:15 am

amanda wrote:So ShaggyNerd, just to let you know that I may rebuilt my Toa Mata sets back to their Toa Kaita forms soon (since they are just sitting on the floor and taking some space in my room......)
Oh, you can combine them again. I found all of the other images I needed. Thanks!

To those of you who don't understand, I asked Amanda to take some images of various parts from various sets for me. That way, I'm able to then use Blender to model the parts accurately.
ShaggyNerd
Toa
Toa

Postby BionicleMaster » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:52 pm

i think ShaggyNerd is making a great job!
BionicleMaster
Matoran
Matoran

Postby Sir Guurahk The Third » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Auron wrote:Yeah, though the thing with those projects is that people have to be dedicated to finish them.

Yeah. I've never even been able to do anything with Blender. :P
Sir Guurahk The Third
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sir Guurahk The Third » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 pm

ShaggyNerd wrote:Ah, yes. My current project. I'm so glad that SOMEBODY remembered! Anyway, I am still in the planning stage. Various activities over the summer, as well as the start of high school, have greatly delayed the progess. I have the basic details down, like level order, mask power usage, controls, boss fights,and others. Soon, I will start redesigning Onu-Koro to be fairly close to the original, but still different enough to be unique and enjoyable. My main focus in designing is detail to canon and fun. Before the end of the year, I hope to start modelling levels and props. I can post more information when I figure out more about the game.

Can you tell me when you have the first level completed? I really don't wanna wait for the whole game, I know it's gonna be cool!
Sir Guurahk The Third
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bionicleking1242 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:26 pm

ShaggyNerd wrote:Ah, yes. My current project. I'm so glad that SOMEBODY remembered! Anyway, I am still in the planning stage. Various activities over the summer, as well as the start of high school, have greatly delayed the progess. I have the basic details down, like level order, mask power usage, controls, boss fights,and others. Soon, I will start redesigning Onu-Koro to be fairly close to the original, but still different enough to be unique and enjoyable. My main focus in designing is detail to canon and fun. Before the end of the year, I hope to start modelling levels and props. I can post more information when I figure out more about the game.

Currently, I'm trying to write a few books to LEGO for a small continuation of the Bionicle Saga with a Hero Factory crossover. Likewise to you, high school is slowing me down a bit (And being in the IB program isn't helping with the matter currently).
Legends never end.

"Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?"
"Don't you realize that those are the only causes worth fighting for?"
-Brutaka and Axonn, Inferno
Bionicleking1242
Matoran
Matoran

Next

Return to Games