After several months, we’re finally getting around to adding content to our fan pages. We’re starting with adding content for joev14’s impressive Audio-Narration Project in the form of YouTube videos. You can listen to the entirety of the first two books in BIONICLE’s storyline: Tale of the Toa and Beware the Bohrok. If you don’t know about the ANP, you can read all about it!
Author Archives: TheSkeletonMan939
It’s been a long time coming, but we’re finally ready to release Audio 2.1.0! If you saw the trailer for the release a few days ago, then you know some of the great stuff that’s new in this version. This massive update includes music from BIONICLE Heroes, the fan film BIONICLE: Quest of the Toa, tracks from the BIONICLE Style Guides, new rips from dozens of flash games, all new material from the film trilogy, and more! Vakhiti and I put over six long months of work into this, so we’re definitely pleased with how it turned out.
You can download it at the music page! We’ll try to update the streaming music accordingly in the coming weeks. Enjoy!
For a detailed look at what’s been changed, take a look at the changelog:
– In version 2.0.0, nearly all music files were unconverted to a constant bitrate (CBR) of 320 kilobytes per second (kbps). In this version, most tracks have been encoded using the variable bitrate (VBR) method. This reduces file size immensely while keeping the quality of the music the same.
– Sound effects, podcasts, and CD voiceovers have all been removed from this archive, as they add unnecessary filesize. You can find these three items in their respective compressed files under the “Music” tab on the BMP website.
– BIONICLE: Mask of Light, BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui, and BIONICLE 3: Web of Shadows have been ripped and edited through the use of each film’s respective DTS 5.1 surround mix. The music for all three films is audibly much higher quality and more complete than anything the BMP has provided before. Also included is the music to the first two films’ trailers.
– BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn has been re-ripped, with slightly less SFX. One track previously missing has been added (‘Inception Tale’) as well as the opening title card music to the “Metus’ Revenge” short.
– The Bohrok Online Animations have been re-ripped yet again. No new material is presented, but the music has been put together to flow closer to the way it sounds in the animations themselves.
– Similarly, the Bohrok-Kal Online Animations have been re-ripped. No new material is presented, but the music has been put together to flow closer to the way it sounds in the animations themselves.
– The Toa Hordika and the Mask of Light theme has been updated with a higher quality version from the Web of Shadows DVD (added to ‘Miscellaneous” folder).
– The Mata Nui Online Game has been recompiled again. We have reverted back to Planetperson’s “unofficial soundtrack” and present it here almost identically to how it was presented by Planetperson himself in 2009. Changes include the use of the Gold CD to make small sound changes to select tracks, the re-ordering of several tracks, and the addition of one extra track, which went unused in the final game.
– Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle has also been re-ripped, and has been edited so that loops are more smoothly repeated.
– Music from The Battle for Mata Nui has been added.
– The music to a second trailer for BIONICLE: The Game has been added from the Legends of Metru Nui DVD.
– Intro to Matoran Adventures has been re-ripped.
– Rhotuka Spinner Challenge has been ripped (added to ‘Miscellaneous” folder).
– BIONICLE Battle Zone has been ripped (added to ‘Miscellaneous” folder).
– Inika Island Assault has been re-ripped.
– Island Investigation has been ripped.
– Matoran Escape has been ripped.
– Voya Nui Adventure has been ripped.
– The soundtrack to the console version of BIONICLE Heroes has been added.
– SFX removed from a few tracks in BIONICLE Heroes (GBA).
– The Barraki Platform game has been re-ripped.
– Mistika Minigames have been ripped.
– Command the Toa Mahri has been re-ripped.
– Glatorian Arena 2 has been ripped.
– Thornax Training Arena has been ripped.
– Agori Defender has been re-ripped, and the various music stems are presented separately.
– New lossless copies of the Power Pack music (see the Credits for more information) have allowed us to make higher-quality copies of each track
– The original copies of several songs (Hero, Creeping in My Soul, Face Me, Gravity Hurts, Closer to the Truth) have been recovered and are provided here. These are the original encodes provided by BIONICLE.com; only the tags have been changed.
– “Caught in a Dream” has been updated with a higher quality version from the Web of Shadows DVD.
– The final version of Caught in a Dream was erroneously labeled as a demo in version 2.0.0 (hence, the track was included twice while the demo was excluded entirely). This has been corrected.
– Downloadable songs from Voya Nui Adventure have been added.
– The instrumental version of “Gravity Hurts” has been removed, due to its low-quality nature.
– “Bye Bye Babylon” has been updated with a higher quality version from the The Legend Reborn DVD.
– The two tracks that can be heard on the BIONICLE Style Guide CDs have been ripped.
– The Rahkshi Rock theme has been re-ripped, and is now higher quality than previous encodes.
– Infected Lewa from the Mask of Light test animation has been added.
– There was an audio glitch in the “Singing Squid” track; it has been re-ripped.
– The theme to the BIONICLEstory.com Toa Terrain Crawler has been re-ripped and re-edited.
– The ambience from the 2003 promotional CDs has been added.
– Material from Jonathan Kaplan’s unfinished fan film, “BIONICLE: Quest of the Toa”, has been added.
It’s been a few months since our last update to the audio archive, but we’re finally about ready to release a new version. There are still a few things to take care of, so it’ll be a little while before the time comes for it to be publicly released. But in the meantime, check out the trailer we put together to let you in on what material will be included! And make sure to watch until the end for a very special announcement…